Friday, December 31, 2010

In West Philadelphia...

I turn 23 in February. In two years, I'll be 25. 25 more years after that, I'll be 50 years old. Hopefully I'll have children and a life that doesn't involve laying in bed all day, staring at a computer screen with a cat on my ass.

And when I'm 50, I won't just have pictures of my youth to show. I'll have youtube to showcase what idiots my friends and I were, chasing after wasps with glass jars.

In just a few more years, there will be people old enough to enter the White House as President knowing all the lyrics to the Pokémon theme song. We'll soon have a President that grew up watching the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Power Rangers. I bet you can still sing the theme songs to Animaniacs and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Our parents probably can't find most of the cartoons they grew up on unless they were Disney movies. I watched Darkwing fucking Duck the other day. I have all the episodes of the Real Ghostbusters cartoon!

We have the best, the most, the greatest. We'll be able to carry our childhoods with us forever.

Of course, there are probably things best left in the 90's. Spice World and It's Pat come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment